Receiving an award for your work is such a buzz for a writer. From 2014, I started entering my work in competitions and am happy to say I’ve had some success:
- 2014 NSW Society of Women Writers: First place National Non Fiction section.
- 2016 Australian Society of Authors Literary Competition: Second place short story section.
- 2018 New York Chapter, Romance Writers of America. The Afghan Wife placed third in ‘When Sparks Fly’ contest.
NSW Society of Women Writers:
- 2020 Winner: Di Yerbury Residency Award: a three-month writer’s residency in Devon UK.
- 2020 Commended: The Revolutionary’s Cousin National Book Awards—Fiction
- 2021 Winner: National Short Story Competition.